Fresno Criminal Defense Attorney | Fresno DUI Attorney Serving all of California

Call for a free case evaluation.
Push Here

Contact Us

Send us a quick email

Please type your full name.
Invalid email address.
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Enter Code
Invalid Input

As a former Juvenile Probation officer, and someone that has practiced Juvenile Law for more than 14 years I know the ins and outs of the Juvenile Justice system. 

And if your child has been charged with a crime you need experienced representation.

This articel will deal with Juvenile Probation and the ins  and outs of Juvenile probation.  If after reading this article you have any questions please give us a call at 559 441-1418.

Usually a minor will be placed on probation for a period of six months or a year.  The minor will have terms and conditions of probation to comply with during that time period. Even if the minor was placed on probation for a non-serious or violent offense the minor should understand that even minor violations of probation can result in  the minors probation being extended for a period of one year or another six months.

I have seen minors with very limited criminal history be placed on probation and have there probation violated several times for minor violations which has the effect of having the minors probation period go on for years on end.  Sometimes until there 18th birthday or even beyond.

Also, the minor must always be aware that if he admitted a petition, which inluded a serious offense listed under Welfare and Institutions Code section 707b then the minor could be sent to the Division of Juvenile Justice.

These things must be explained to the minor before he takes any pleas to any of the offenses listed in 707 B even if he will be placed on probation.

For example if the minor was given Juvenile Hall time and probation for  a Robbery and then violated his probation, then he could be sent to the Division of Juvenile Justice even if the violation was for a minor violation such as failing to attend school every day. 

Deputy District Attorneys often make arguments to the court to have a minor sent to the Division of Juvenile Justice for even the most minor of violations. 

Therefore, your child needs experienced counsel, like myself that has been involved in the Juvenile Justice system for many years to help you navagate what is often a complex system.

Again if you have any questions dont hesitate to give us a call.  559 441 1418.

Schwab photo

Gerald Schwab, Jr.


Schedule a Free
Case Evaluation

Law Office of Gerald Schwab, Jr.
Fresno Criminal Defense Attorney
5588 N Palm Ave,
Fresno, CA 93704
View Map
Phone: 559.441.1418